BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Are you an experienced Work Health and Safety Practitioner? Have your skills recognised and receive this qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply advanced practical knowledge and skills to coordinate, facilitate and maintain a work health and safety (WHS) program. It is suited to those who possess significant work health and safety skills and knowledge; and wish to consolidate and build pathways to further educational and/or employment opportunities.
At this level it is likely you will:
- Coordinate, facilitate and maintain the WHS program in an organisation
- Apply legislation framework applicable to WHS
- Conduct a WHS audit
- Evaluate and facilitate the WHS performance of an organisation
- Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
- Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
- Implement WHS risk management strategies
- Apply occupational hygiene to manage WHS hazards and risks
One course offers many courses of action and pathways for you. This qualification is Release 1 and is the most up-to-date qualification available.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive an Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB60619).
Likely job titles of those suited to RPL for this qualification include:
- Work Health and Safety Advisor
- Work Health and Safety Auditor
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Work Health and Safety Specialist
- Senior Work Health and Safety Consultant
You must hold all BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies before entering this qualification.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to four of the following units, which have been mapped as equivalent. Note: BSBWHS519 is new to the core of the Diploma, equivalent to its previous version, and a requirement for entry into the Advanced Diploma.
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes.
It is also expected that you:
- Have completed a Diploma qualification in related fields of study and at least 2 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Have completed a Certificate III or IV qualification in related fields of study and at least 3 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Have at least 5 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
What will I need to provide to enrol?
Unique Student Identifier
What is a Unique Student Identifier?
From 1 January 2015 ALL participants undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for students to create their own USI’s online. To apply for a USI and for information regarding the USI system, please visit www.usi.gov.au . From 1 January 2015 no statement of attainments or qualifications can be issued without having a USI recorded.
You will also need to complete your enrolment form and upload photo ID.
Units of Competency
To be awarded this qualification you must show competency in a total of 11 units.
5 Core and 6 Electives.
- BSBWHS612 Develop and implement a strategy to support a positive WHS culture
- BSBWHS613 Evaluate the WHS performance of an organisation
- BSBWHS614 Conduct a WHS audit under the guidance of a lead auditor
- BSBWHS616 Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
- BSBWHS617 Apply ergonomics to manage WHS risks
- BSBCOM603 Plan and establish compliance management systems
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBWHS631 Apply occupational hygiene principles to manage WHS risks
- BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
*Alternative elective units may be available upon request. To view the full list of elective units available for this qualification please visit training.gov.au
Assessment Only / RPL
For people with evidence of their extensive experience.
We aim to have all RPL assessments finalised within 12 weeks but it is usually much quicker. The actual time frame depends on the course you are seeking RPL for, how long it takes you to supply the evidence and how long it takes us to verify your evidence.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to RPL and we will provide you with a kit.
After completing this course you may wish to further your studies with:
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB80215 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership or;
- Other relevant post-graduate qualifications